TODAY – – the 27th of SEPTEMBER – – and NOW… that the weather is cooler – – just seems right – – – to find a nice cozy soft chair – – to curl up in – – – so you can enjoy with good friends… either outside or even inside … a homelike and easy going nice evening – – – a very nice cup of “HOT CHOCOLATE” – in your hands – – and sharing all kinds of good conversation.
Food… for THOUGHT – – the “WHY” for the HOT CHOCOLATE … tonight!
NATIONAL CHOCOLATE MILK DAY
Across the country, folks enjoy a tall, frosty glass on National Chocolate Milk Day which is observed annually on September 27.
Invented by Hans Sloane in the late 1680s, today chocolate milk can be purchased premixed or it can be made at home with either cocoa powder and a sweetener or with melted chocolate, chocolate syrup or chocolate milk mix.
While Sloane was in Jamaica, he encountered a beverage the locals drank made with cocoa mixed with water. After trying it, he reported the flavor to be nauseating. After some experimentation, Sloane found a way to mix the cocoa with milk to make it more pleasant tasting. He brought the chocolate recipe back with him upon his return to England. Now people enjoy this delicious drink every day.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Mix up some chocolate milk to drink and use – – Chocolate Milk Day to post on social media.
- Miniature marshmallows or sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
- Dash salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups (1 qt.) milk
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1. Stir together sugar, cocoa and salt in medium saucepan; stir in water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir 2 minutes. Add milk; stirring constantly, heat to serving temperature. Do Not Boil.
- 2. Remove from heat; add vanilla. Beat with rotary beater or whisk until foamy. Serve topped with marshmallows or whipped cream, if desired. Five 8-oz. servings.
- VARIATIONS: Add one of the following with the vanilla extract:
Enjoy and share with a FRIEND…
Posted in Childhood, Family, Grand-Children, Grandma, Todaywith no comments yet.