Million Dollar Fudge
Nothing says Christmas like a rich and nutty fudge!
The whole family will love this classic fudge recipe!
|4 ½ c. sugar||12 oz. chocolate chips|
|Pinch of salt||12 oz. German sweet chocolate|
|2 Tbsp. butter||1 pint marshmallow cream|
|1 13-oz. can evaporated milk||2 c. chopped nuts|
1. Combine first four ingredients. Bring to a boil in a pot over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 6 minutes.
2. Combine chocolates and marshmallow cream in a large bowl. Pour boiling syrup over them and blend well.
3. Add nuts. Pour into a buttered, foil-lined 9×13-inch pan. Cool before cutting.
Makes about 30 2-inch squares.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 270; Fat: 13g; Cholesterol: 5mg; Sodium: 60mg; Total Carbohydrates: 43g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugars: 38g; Protein: 3g.
********** ********** *********** **********
Christmas Cut-Out Cookies
These butter cookies have that classic flavor, the one so we associate with the holidays.
Michelle got this recipe from her grandmother.
|⅔ c. shortening||2 tsp. baking powder|
|1 c. sugar||½ tsp. salt|
|½ tsp. vanilla||⅓ c. whole milk, plus 1 to 2 tablespoons for frosting|
|2 eggs||1 c. confectioner’s sugar|
|3 cups flour, plus a little more for rolling out dough|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix shortening and sugar until light and fluffy, then mix in vanilla and eggs.
2. Stir dry ingredients together. Mix while alternately adding dry ingredients and milk to shortening mixture.
3. Roll out dough on a floured board. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake 10-12 minutes.
4. For frosting, mix confectioners’ sugar and milk to a spreadable consistency. Frost when cookies are cool. Sprinkle with colorful sugars or sprinkles before frosting sets.
Makes about 24 cookies.
Nutritional Information (per single cookie): Calories: 170; Fat: 6g; Cholesterol: 15mg; Sodium: 105mg; Total Carbohydrates: 26g; Dietary Fiber: 0g; Sugars: 14g; Protein: 2g.
Posted in Childhood, Family, Grand-Children, Grandma, Todaywith no comments yet.