5 Pro Chefs secrets to the Perfect Brownie Recipe
- Brown sugar is a key ingredient in Brownies! it makes them moister, more flavor and makes for a more fudgy brownie. You can easily make your own Brown sugar at home.
- Use a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder for your brownies for thee ultimate decadent brownie. Please do not use hot chocolate powder
- Use bittersweet chocolate (70%) chunks! this will make your brownies extra rich.
- Season your Brownies!! Salt and Vanilla are key ingreidents in brownies adding extra flavor and dimension. Please don’t leave them out.
- Be careful not to over bake your brownies! You know when your brownies are perfectly cooked when they’re firm around the edges but they’re still soft to the touch in the middle. After baking, let your brownie relax at room temperature for best results. Factor in that they continue to set once they comes out of the oven.
My chef-tested, Best Ever Brownies recipe are everything you’d want in a homemade brownie: ooey-gooey, fudge-like, and oh so delicious!
Servings: 16 Brownies
- 1 cup (8 oz./225g) butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (coconut or canola)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (6 1/4 oz./177g) brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 1/4 oz./227g) white sugar
- 4 large eggs , room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (5 oz./142g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 oz./115g) good quality, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz./255g) roughly chopped chocolate or large chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) then line a 7×11 inch baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl combine melted butter, oil and both sugars.
Add the eggs, vanilla and salt then whisk for about one minute until evenly combined and light in color.
Over the same bowl sift in the flour and cocoa powder.
Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over mix).
Fold in half of the chocolate chunks.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, then smooth the top. Generously top with the remaining chocolate chunks.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the centre of the brownies no longer jiggles and is JUST set to the touch.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before removing from the baking tray and slicing into 16 brownies.
Store at room temperature for 3 days or freeze.
Posted in Family, Grandma, Recipes and tagged "Mickey McLaren" -" herself"with no comments yet.