My chef-tested, Best Ever Brownie recipe is everything you’d want: ooey-gooey, fudgy, and oh so delicious!
5 Pro Chefs Secrets To The Perfect Brownie Recipe
- Brown sugar is a key ingredient! It makes the brownies moister, more flavorful, and makes for a more fudgy final product. You can easily make your own brown sugar at home.
- Use a good quality unsweetened cocoa powder for your brownies for the ultimate decadent brownie. Please do not use hot chocolate powder
- Use bittersweet chocolate (70%) chunks! This will make sure they’re extra rich.
- Don’t forget to season your brownies. Salt and Vanilla are key ingredients in brownies adding extra flavor and dimension. Please don’t leave them out.
- Be careful not to over-bake! You know when your brownies are perfectly cooked when they’re firm around the edges but they’re still soft to the touch in the middle. After baking, let your brownie relax at room temperature for best results. Factor in that they continue to set once they comes out of the oven.
- Watch the 5 Pro Chef Secrets video to see the tips in action!
My chef-tested, Best Ever Brownies recipe are everything you’d want in a homemade brownie: ooey-gooey, fudge-like, and oh so delicious!
Servings: 16 Brownies
- 1 cup (8 oz/225g) butter (melted and cooled)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (coconut or canola)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (6 1/4 oz/177g) brown sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 1/4 oz/227g) white sugar
- 4 large eggs , room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (5 oz/142g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (4 oz/115g) unsweetened cocoa powder (good quality)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz/255g) roughly chopped chocolate or large chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) then line a 7×11 inch baking tray with parchment paper and set it aside.
In a large bowl combine melted butter, oil, and both sugars.
Add the eggs, vanilla and salt then whisk for about one minute until evenly combined and light in color.
Over the same bowl sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until JUST combined (do NOT over mix). Fold in half of the chocolate chunks.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, then smooth the top. Generously top with the remaining chocolate chunks.
Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the center of the brownies no longer jiggles and is JUST set to the touch.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before removing from the baking tray and slicing into 16 brownies. Enjoy!
Store at room temperature for 3 days or freeze.
Posted in Family, Grandma, Recipes and tagged "Mickey McLaren" -" herself"with no comments yet.