Highlights and Inclusions
- A walk to the Foot of Ben Nevis
- Follow the shores of Loch Lomond, Britain’s largest lake
- Rannoch Moor and Scotland’s most remote licensed inn
- Walking through Glencoe and Glen Nevis
- 7 breakfasts
- 7 nights B&B accommodation on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities where available.Important note Kings House (day 5) only accepts 2 night stays if your booking falls on a Saturday. The alternative is to stay at the Glencoe Mountain resort on a room only accommodation in the form of Microlodges (1 x double bed and 2 x single beds). There are shower and toilet blocks and a café open from 9am to 8.30pm (hot food until 7.30pm). The resort can offer rental of a sleeping bag plus liner for £5pp however there is no pre-booking service and they are hired on arrival.
- Once piece of luggage per person transferred from Inn to Inn, not exceeding 20kg
- Transfer from Ardlui/Inveraran to Crianlarich if required at start of Day 4
- Information pack including route notes & maps
- Emergency hotline
- Lunch, dinner and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
The walk is graded as moderate. The terrain is hilly with some steep slopes, boggy areas and narrow trails in places with tree roots. There are also gravel type roads and there is some tarmac walking. Daily distances vary from 9 miles / 14 km to 15 miles / 24 km.
Posted in Family, Grandma, Today and tagged "Mickey McLaren" -" herself"with no comments yet.