and many more – – from everyone in the FAMILY
LOVE and Kisses… xoxooxxooxxooxxoxoxo
Posted in Childhood, Today and tagged "Mickey McLaren" -" herself"with no comments yet.
“Happy BIRTHDAY… DARLENE!”
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY… DARLENE…and many – – more…”
Looks like you are about to be – – – ready to jump up and onto one of your favorite horses – – – one thing that we must do is to keep them (the horse) in shape! – – – We can see that you and your horse is and – – are – – already in the best of shape – – as I have read that – – “horse-back riding” is one of the best of – – exercises to keep in shape – – all of that balancing – and keeping the body in shape – – just does wonders for us – – the gain we receive – – – is a whole lot of “GOOD HEALTH!”
“So… along with the “GOOD HEALTH” – – must wish you for your “BIRTHDAY” – – “Good LUCK” – – and this is one wish – – that … in order to receive – – we just have to be in the right place at the right time! – – Well… for the answer …as to where that is – – will take some special meditating – – on your part and mine???
The best wishes – – FAITH – – HOPE – – LOVE – – with lots of special BLESSINGS … are coming to you always… from the … ALMIGHTY our CREATOR – – the ONE – – giving to us the special LIFE that – – we have and share with FAMILY and FRIENDS – – on our extra and so special… BIRTHDAY!
Best wishes tomorrow – – on your big day!
Posted in Grand-Children, Grandma, Today and tagged "Darlene Aldrich"with no comments yet.
“Three Extra Special Wishes…Darlene!”
This is the “BIG DAY” for DARLENE – – and since you love little bundles of sweetness and JOY – – sending these three sweet little “sisters” and each has a special WISH – – just for you… DARLENE – – just for your “BIRTHDAY!”
The first special WISH… is for lots of HAPPINESS – – in all that you do and for as long as you live! NOW… for an extra special WISH… for all the best of GOOD HEALTH – – that is for real good and HEALTHY HEALTH – – today – – tomorrow – – and forever – – because without good health – – how can you enjoy all of these sweet little “KITTIES” and the LOVE … that they bring – – especially – – just for you!
There is an extra special wish – – and – – it is the best of all! Each little “KITTY” will bring just a little more LOVE – – than the bundle of LOVE – – of the previous “KITTY” – – this is because each “KITTY” will always – give to you LOVE – – that is extra special to that “KITTY” – – and each “KITTY” has their own unique amount of LOVE – that – – when you combine them – – the three little LOVES of your LIFE – – you will ALWAYS – – – FEEL LIKE A “MILLION!”
“Hey… MOM – – you know… that all of us… ” inside kittens” – – are all here for you, too!” – Just so you know… “We all have clean “mittens” – – and we all … are ready for some of that “APPLE PIE” – – that we all know … that you like and are making… so that you can share with us – – on your “big day” – – your BIRTHDAY!”
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY” – – “Mo Ma MIA” – – “MEOW – MEOW – MEOW!”
Posted in Grand-Children, Grandma, Today and tagged "Darlene Aldrich"with no comments yet.
How to fold the Flag
Flag Folding Ceremony
- The flag folding ceremony described by the Uniformed Services is a dramatic and uplifting way to honor the flag on special days, like Memorial Day or Veterans Day, and is sometimes used at retirement ceremonies.Here is a typical sequence of the reading:
- (Begin reading as Honor Guard or Flag Detail is coming forward).
- The flag folding ceremony represents the same religious principles on which our country was originally founded. The portion of the flag denoting honor is the canton of blue containing the stars representing the states our veterans served in uniform. The canton field of blue dresses from left to right and is inverted when draped as a pall on a casket of a veteran who has served our country in uniform.
- In the Armed Forces of the United States, at the ceremony of retreat the flag is lowered, folded in a triangle fold and kept under watch throughout the night as a tribute to our nation’s honored dead. The next morning it is brought out and, at the ceremony of reveille, run aloft as a symbol of our belief in the resurrection of the body.
- (Wait for the Honor Guard or Flag Detail to unravel and fold the flag into a quarter fold–resume reading when Honor Guard is standing ready.)
- The first fold of our flag is a symbol of life.
- The second fold is a symbol of our belief in the eternal life.
- The third fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veteran departing our ranks who gave a portion of life for the defense of our country to attain a peace throughout the world.
- The fourth fold represents our weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in times of war for His divine guidance.
- The fifth fold is a tribute to our country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur, “Our country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong.”
- The sixth fold is for where our hearts lie. It is with our heart that we pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
- The seventh fold is a tribute to our Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that we protect our country and our flag against all her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of our republic.
- The eighth fold is a tribute to the one who entered in to the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day, and to honor mother, for whom it flies on mother’s day.
- The ninth fold is a tribute to womanhood; for it has been through their faith, love, loyalty and devotion that the character of the men and women who have made this country great have been molded.
- The tenth fold is a tribute to father, for he, too, has given his sons and daughters for the defense of our country since they were first born.
- The eleventh fold, in the eyes of a Hebrew citizen, represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon, and glorifies, in their eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
- The twelfth fold, in the eyes of a Christian citizen, represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in their eyes, God the Father, the Son, and Holy Ghost.
- When the flag is completely folded, the stars are uppermost, reminding us of our national motto, “In God we Trust.”
- (Wait for the Honor Guard or Flag Detail to inspect the flag–after the inspection, resume reading.)
- After the flag is completely folded and tucked in, it takes on the appearance of a cocked hat, ever reminding us of the soldiers who served under General George Washington and the sailors and marines who served under Captain John Paul Jones who were followed by their comrades and shipmates in the Armed Forces of the United States, preserving for us the rights, privileges, and freedoms we enjoy today.
Posted in Grand-Children, Grandma, Todaywith no comments yet.
“Hello… CENTRAL…can you put a ‘Call’ through for me… TODAY?” “How’s this … for a close-up – – for having the “OPERATOR” connecting you to the ‘number’ and even for getting the correct “Party” for your “person to person” call – – and in just a few seconds of time?”
If I remember correctly this is “Eunice Farmer” – – one of the Supervisors and also a good friend to me. She is plugged into the ‘jack’ with the lady, standing – – could be it is time for her to take a break – – and the call that she is working on – – may need further assistance – – when she walks away from her position. Some calls need an “OPERATOR” ready to disconnect immediately – – and call the ‘PARTY’ back with ‘time and charges’ – – or if the call is being made from a coin-box telephone – – someone needs to ‘ring-back’ – to let the person know – – just exactly how much change to NOW… put into the telephone.
Would you believe – – I was going to join the “MARINES” – – I had taken the tests and physical and as a part of being placed in “Communications” – – after basic training – – I needed someone at the “TELEPHONE COMPANY” to send the “RECRUITER” a reference – – something that would let them know – – that I was “BELL TRAIN” and would be ‘well’ qualified for the new job assignment.
Evidently … that change did not take place. Even a month or two after all of my work to become a “MARINE” – – I changed my mind. I have given that abrupt change in decision making – – lots of thought – – often wondered where I would be – – and what I would be doing different – – but… when a “DOOR in life opens and closes – – YOU continue on in LIFE… opening and closing “NEW DOORS” – – and sometimes – – still wondering – – “HOW does one really know – – if and when they are making the right decision???
“While “YOU” the reader are thinking about that question – – if you have some feed-back – – relating to a similar situation in your LIFE – – did everything work out well – – for you – – or did you stick with your big decision and the change – – and then – – later think – – maybe I should have stayed where I was – – since the change is not that which… I was really looking for – – after all is said and done!” “Thanks”
Posted in Grand-Children, Grandma, Today and tagged "Ellen McLaren"with no comments yet.
I believe the Almighty… wants you to know…
Posted in Childhood, Grand-Children, Grandma, Todaywith no comments yet.